Audio Oxford English Minidictionary for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
This is one of Oxford's most successful dictionaries, with over 40,000 entries and 50,000 definitions
This is one of Oxford's most successful dictionaries, with over 40,000 entries and 50,000 definitions, including a substantial number of new words. It aims to provide up-to-date, compact coverage of the core vocabulary of current English in a compact and comprehensive format. The Oxford English Minidictionary is an ideal quick-reference for anyone requiring an informative, robust, and user-friendly guide to the English language today.
The dictionary is bundled with the Oxford English audio database of 17,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
All the Everyday Words You Need
* Over 40,000 words from everyday English and 50,000 definitions
* Over 17,000 high-quality English audio recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* Spelling and meanings you can be sure of
* "Most Common Errors in English" guide which will help avoid making common mistakes in English usage
* Around 120 "Language in use" notes which focus on spelling and pronunciation difficulties, and confusable words
Note that the audio pronunciation database requires 18.5Mb free memory space. Memory cards are supported.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Oxford English Minidictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall