Audio Oxford Beginner's Chinese Dictionary for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
The Oxford Beginner's Chinese Dictionary consists of Chinese-English and English-Chinese dictionaries with about 10,000 words.
The Oxford Beginner's Chinese Dictionary consists of Chinese-English and English-Chinese dictionaries with about 10,000 words. Designed specifically for adult learners who are either learning from scratch or refreshing lost language skills, it offers an easy to use dictionary, extra help with vocabulary, and essential information on living and interacting in the Chinese-speaking world, and respectively the English-speaking one.
The dictionary is bundled with the Oxford English audio database of 17,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
Carefully Selected Vocabulary
The dictionary is exceptionally easy to use, because it moves away from the traditional dictionary layout.
* Carefully selected vocabulary, suited to beginner level
* Over 17,000 high-quality English audio recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* Section on core vocabulary - all the words you absolutely must know at this level, for everyday life and to help you through your exams
* Notes on grammar and usage throughout the text
* Thousands of phrases to show how language works in context
The dictionary does not include Chinese localization software and you will need localization software installed separeately.
Note that the audio recordings are just of English words and Chinese audio is not included. The audio pronunciation database requires 18.5Mb free memory space. Memory cards are supported.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Oxford Beginner's Chinese Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall