Audio Concise Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
The Concise Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary offers a complete guide to the French and English languages
The Concise Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary offers a complete guide to the French and English languages, from general to specialist and technical terminology, from foreign language to slang. The dictionary makes accessible every aspect of the French-speaking world of today, and respectively the English-speaking one, through meticulous description of their languages and their cultural institutions.
The dictionary is bundled with the Oxford English audio database of 50,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
Convenience and Easy-access Layout
* Authoritative coverage of over 175,000 words and phrases, and over 270,000 translations
* Over 50,000 high-quality English audio recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* In-text notes on points of usage, grammar and constructions
* In-text cultural notes on life in the French-speaking world
* Aid sections helping in understanding idiomatic phrases, compound nouns, and abbreviations
* Completely updated to include the very latest vocabulary
* Easy-access design of the word definitions
Note that the audio recordings are just of English words and French audio is not included. The audio pronunciation database requires 57.5Mb free memory space. Memory cards are supported.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Concise Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall