Audio Concise Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
This value software pack consists of the most popular dictionary worldwide - the Concise Oxford English Dictionary
This value software pack consists of the most popular dictionary worldwide - the Concise Oxford English Dictionary, the Concise Oxford Thesaurus and the richest audio database for mobiles, powered by Oxford University Press.
The Concise English Dictionary and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. The Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, writing creatively, or solving a crossword. Improve your English pronunciation using the genuine Oxford sound recordings of British English pronunciation.
Increase Your Word Power
* Over 240,000 words and phrases
* Over 365,000 alternative and opposite words to make your writing or speach more interesting
* Over 50,000 high-quality audio recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* Clear layout with each new section (phrases, derivatives, usage notes, etymologies, wordbuilder) on new line
* In-text lists and tables focusing on core study subjects
* Origin Section tracing the history of words
* Easy A-Z format
* Hundreds of lists, from alloys and artists to worms and wines
Note that the audio pronunciation database requires 57.5Mb free memory space. Memory cards are supported.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
These Oxford dictionaries come in MSDict viewer format for mobile devices. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
System Requirements:Nokia n92
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall