Audio Concise Oxford-Duden German Dictionary for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
The Concise Oxford-Duden German Dictionary offers a comprehensive guide to the German language
The Concise Oxford-Duden German Dictionary offers a comprehensive guide to the German language, from general vocabulary to specialist and technical terminology, from formal language to slang. The range makes accessible every aspect of the German speaking world of today through meticulous description of its language and its cultural institutions. Based on the evidence of the language databanks maintained and continuously expanded by Oxford University Press and the Dudenverlag, every title in the range provides a more accurate, up-to-date, and complete picture of real languages than has ever been possible before.
The dictionary is bundled with the Oxford English audio database of 50,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
Convenience and Easy-access Layout
* Coverage of over 150,000 words and phrases, and over 250,000 translations
* Over 50,000 high-quality English audio recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* In-text notes on points of usage and construction
* In-text cultural notes on life in the German-speaking world
* Aid sections helping in understanding idiomatic phrases, compound nouns, and abbreviations
* Completely updated to include the very latest vocabulary
* Easy-access design of the word definitions
Note that the audio recordings are just of English words and German audio is not included. The audio pronunciation database requires 57.5Mb free memory space. Memory cards are supported.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Concise Oxford-Duden German Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall