TxtMan for Smartphone Publisher's description
from Ben Hirashima
TxtMan is a threaded SMS program for Windows Mobile 5.0. It sends and receives text messages (SMS) and displays the messages as a conversation, like an instant messenger client.rn
TxtMan is a threaded SMS program for Windows Mobile 5.0. It sends and receives text messages (SMS) and displays the messages as a conversation, like an instant messenger client.rnrnrnrnrnrnTxtMan has been tested mainly on the Motorola Q, but has been reported to work on these devices:rnrn
* Motorola Qrn
* Treo 700wrn
* Cingular 8125rn
* Verizon XV6700rn
* Samsung i320rn
* T-Mobile Dashrn
* Samsung Blackjackrn
* Cingular 8525rnrnIt may work on other devices.
If you're running Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone or Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition, give it a try. If it works, let me know so I can add your device to this list.rnrnTxtMan requires the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 to be installed on your phone in order to run. It's free, and many other Windows Mobile programs require it, so it's a good thing to have. To download it, go here.rnAttention: ROM updates for the Motorola Q after MOL1 break TxtMan!
If you want to use TxtMan on the Q, DO NOT install MOL2 or MOL3. Once installed, the update cannot be uninstalled, and you will no longer be able to run TxtMan. Note that the Sprint Q comes with the equivalent of MOL2 from the factory, so it cannot run TxtMan.rnrnMany have emailed me asking when I'm going to fix TxtMan to work with MOL2/MOL3. Sorry folks, there's nothing I can do about it. It's the OS that's broken, not TxtMan. We will all just have to wait for them to fix it in the next ROM update.rnrnInstallation instructions:rnrn
* Make sure you have the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 installed.rn
* Right-click the "Download TxtMan" link above and save the CAB file to your hard drive.rn
* Copy the CAB file to your phone. Any place will do. I'd suggest Program Files.rn
* Using the File Manager on your phone, open the CAB file. This will begin the installation.rn
* After the installation is complete, you may delete the CAB file, or you can keep it on your phone so that you can beam it to your friends :)rn
* If you want to uninstall TxtMan, go to Start Menu
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall