MSDict Concise Oxford American Dictionary for Rim Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
This dictionary packs an extraordinary amount of information into a handy book that is practical, dependable, affordable, and easy to read.
This dictionary packs an extraordinary amount of information into a handy book that is practical, dependable, affordable, and easy to read. Based on the groundbreaking flagship dictionary of Oxford's US Dictionaries program, the New Oxford American Dictionary, this concise edition includes more than 180,000 entries and definitions, complete with pronunciations, parts of speech, syllabification, inflected forms, and derivatives. The Concise Oxford American Dictionary is a convenient and complete dictionary for school, work, and home.
A Tool for Daily Use
* More than 180,000 entries and definitions;
* Hundreds of Word Histories that provide fascinating background on the lives of words;
* Usage Notes that give helpful information on correct English.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Concise Oxford American Dictionary is utilized by the MSDict Viewer dictionary reader. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Fully optimized to support the latest BlackBerry Storm model with touchscreen
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes - the font size can be increased to extra large within the word definitions
* Learning features
* Wildcard filtration feature (the use of "?" replaces a letter and "*" replaces a group of letters within words)
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Support for MMC, memory stick, and SD memory cards
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall