Audio Pocket Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus for Pocket Pc Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
This value language pack includes the world's longest-established English dictionary- the Pocket Oxford English Dictionary and the Concise Oxford Thesaurus.
This value language pack includes the world's longest-established English dictionary- the Pocket Oxford English Dictionary and the Concise Oxford Thesaurus. The Pocket English Dictionary features over 140,000 words and translations and offers excellent coverage of English as an international language and thousands of examples illustrate idiomatic usage. The Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, writing creatively, or solving a crossword.
The Perfect Answer to All Your Writing Needs
* Over 140,000 words and phrases
* Over 365,000 alternative and opposite words to make your writing or speach more interesting
* Over 17,000 high-quality audio recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* Up-to-date and accessible information on the core vocabulary of current English
* Usage notes included, giving clear guidance on points of grammar and usage
* In-text lists and tables focusing on core study subjects
* Pronunciations for words that might cause difficulty
* Origin Section tracing the history of words
* Easy A-Z format
* Hundreds of lists, from alloys and artists to worms and wines
Note that the audio pronunciation database requires 18.5Mb free memory space. Memory cards are supported.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
These Oxford dictionaries come in MSDict viewer format for mobile devices. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall