MSDict Oxford Dictionary of the Bible for Palm OS Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
As well as providing concise information about important places and personalities, this accessible dictionary clearly explains the themes and doctrines of the Bible.
As well as providing concise information about important places and personalities, this accessible dictionary clearly explains the themes and doctrines of the Bible. With entries ranging from earthquakes and mice to feminism and the Dead See Scrolls, it is a lively and absorbing reference work for students and all readers of the Bible.
"lively, original and thought-provokingвЂ¦clear and entertaining presentation"
Times Literary Supplement
"Should send you scurrying to the Good Book"
Convenience and Easy-access Layout
* Over 2,000 entries from Adam to Zechariah
* Clear explanation of technical terms, methods of interpretation, and critical analysis, as well as notes on leading biblical scholars and their work
* Broad coverage includes the books of the Bible, people and places, customs, religions and worship, history, and theology
* Takes into account the work of Christian scholars of all denominations, and of Jewish scholars
The dictionary is intended for students whether at school or university, and for a more general public of those who may be reading or studying the Bible at home or alongside other in a group from their local church or community, as well as those who primarily enjoy it as splendid literature.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Oxford Dictionary of the Bible is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Stylish user interface with several split screen modes
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* Opportunity to add custom notes to any article in the dictionary so you can save your ideas and examples of usage
* Learning features
* Wildcard filtration feature (the use of "?" replaces a letter and "*" replaces a group of letters within words)
* Button allowing quick erase of the query field
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Specially enhanced for hi-resolution and hi-resolution landscape view modes
* Support for MMC, memory stick, and SD memory cards
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall