Clinical Handbook for Pediatric Nursing Palm Os Publisher's description
As a nursing student or practicing nurse, you face challenging client situations that test your knowledge base, your ability to prioritize, and your familiarity with certain clinical skills.
As a nursing student or practicing nurse, you face challenging client situations that test your knowledge base, your ability to prioritize, and your familiarity with certain clinical skills. The Clinical Handbook for Pediatric Nursing, has been created to help you in situations like these.
This 2nd edition handbook provides general information on growth and development, vital signs, assessment, and more, with information specific to the care of children in the community or hospital. Included are principles of pediatric medications, pain management, immunization schedules, and an overview of clinical and nursing management for conditions organized by body systems. Each content area includes key information about clinical therapy, as well as how to use the nursing process to plan appropriate nursing management. Critical nursing assessments and interventions are identified, and specific examples are given regarding documentation of care. It is our hope that this book will enhance pediatric nursing practice, provide a quick overview in the clinical setting, and help nurses provide safe, competent care to all children.
- Child Concepts and Application
- Health Promotion and Maintenance Through Childhood.
- Child Health Care Settings and Considerations.
- Health Conditions: Episodic to End-of-Life.
- Nursing Care of Specific Health Conditions.
- Physical Growth Charts
- Recommended Dietary Allowances
- Normal Laboratory Values
- West Nomogram-Body Surface Areas
- Assessment of Emergency Conditions
- Commonly Used Emergency Drugs
- Diagnostic Tests and Procedures, and much more
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall