MSDict Pocket Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus for Java Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
This value language pack includes the world's longest-established English dictionary- the Pocket Oxford English Dictionary and the Concise Oxford Thesaurus.
This value language pack includes the world's longest-established English dictionary- the Pocket Oxford English Dictionary and the Concise Oxford Thesaurus. The Pocket English Dictionary features over 140,000 words and translations and offers excellent coverage of English as an international language and thousands of examples illustrate idiomatic usage. The Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, writing creatively, or solving a crossword.
The Perfect Answer to All Your Writing Needs
* Over 140,000 words and phrases
* Over 365,000 alternative and opposite words to make your writing or speach more interesting
* Up-to-date and accessible information on the core vocabulary of current English
* Usage notes included, giving clear guidance on points of grammar and usage
* In-text lists and tables focusing on core study subjects
* Pronunciations for words that might cause difficulty
* Origin Section tracing the history of words
* Easy A-Z format
* Hundreds of lists, from alloys and artists to worms and wines
The MSDict Dictionary Format
These Oxford dictionaries come in MSDict viewer format for mobile devices. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Support of memory cards
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall