MicroCalc (Java) Publisher's description
from WAP Industrial
MicroCalc is a spreadsheet implemented in J2ME (Java 2 Mobile Edition), this version of Java language is used on devices with small hardware footprint, such as mobile phones and PDAs.
* precision: fixed point decimals with 24 bits for the fraction (40/24).
* operators: + - * / () & (string concatenation) ^(power), comparison operators: = != < > <= >=
* functions: SIN,COS,TAN,COT, ASIN,ACOS,ATAN,ATAN2, SQRT,LN,ABS,EXP,POW, SUM, logical: IF,AND,OR
* constants: PI(),E() (don't forget the brackets - they're implemented as functions without arguments)
* storing sheets in record store
* data types: boolean, long, decimal, string, datetime
* cell formatting options (for numbers and date time at the moment)
* pointer support (use pointer to select a cell, and click again to edit it)
* to enter a formula in a cell use '=' character before expression. Otherwise it's considered as a constant (a decimal or a string one), example: =1+2/3-6
* to refer to the cell type its address, example: =B2+1-3. You can use ranges ie A1:B3 as well: =1+sum (A1:B5,3,7.8+1)
* you can see the name of the currently edited sheet in menu item Sheet.../Save Sheet.
* numbers are right aligned, strings are left aligned
* some kind of BNF grammar used in cell formulas can be found here.
* you can use GOLD key (#, pound) to type number without entering cell edit screen, it's simplier - just press <#> <0>, type value, then <#> again to finish input. Use STAR to enter the decimal dot, double STAR to enter negative value. There're also few options available via GOLD key:
o <#> <1> - copy cell
o <#> <2> - paste cell
o <#> <3> - screen up
o <#> <6> - screen down
o <#> <4> - screen left
o <#> <5> - screen right
o <#> <9> - cell info mode - cell formula is shown in status bar.
* a tip for users of Siemens phones without MMC cards - to save space on device you can use MC lite, and to export sheets in SYLK format use Siemens SL45i (or other) emulator on PC with full MC package installed (with SYLK midlet). To get sheets from phone just copy content of 'storage' subfolder to PC in Siemens explorer (this tip was provided by Die Amme who uses MC on M50 phone). Siemens phone emulator is part of Siemens J2ME SDK (SMTK) and is available from siemens site (don't remember exact url).
* SonyEricsson P800 HOWTO (thanks to Mats Nummelin for providing this info).
1. 1L - long ('L' character at the end)
2. 1.234 - decimal (with decimal dot, or by default)
3. true - boolean (true/false)
4. "text string" - string (in expressions)
5. '12345 - string (in a cell)
6. A1:B2 - cell reference (relative)
7. $B$2 - cell reference (absolute)
8. #2/10/2002# - date- DD/MM/YYYY format (in expression)
9. 2/10/2002 - date in cell value
10. 2/10/2002 15:35:10 - date with time (HH:MM:SS)
11. 10:40 - time (today)
1. =sin(a1)^2+cos(a1)^2 returns 1
3. =sin(pi()/2) - returns 1
4. =exp(10) - the same as =E()^10
5. =if(or(a1=1,a=3),"a = 1 or a = 3","else")
6. =#2/10/2002#+1 - next day (3/10/2002)
Known bugs and problems
* sheets can't be saved on Sharp GX-10 phone. If you've got one please test MC Lite and report if it has the same problem.
* basic package may be too large to install on Nokia 6310 (jar is larger 30k), use MC Lite instead.
* heap memory overflow, you may expect this problem even there're no many cells on a sheet. It is reported for Nokia 6310i and Siemens SL45i. Seems that it is some kind of garbage collector bug in siemens j2me implementation. Please inform us if you have any information on this matter.
* after inserting/deleting rows/columns dependencies may be not recalculated correctly. You can force recalcutaing by editing depended cells, or by reopening the sheet.
* If you come across a bug please report to email@example.com.
System Requirements:Supported handsets
* SonyEricsson P800
* SonyEricsson T610
* Motorola iDEN i50sx
* Motorola Accompli 008/6288
* Motorola Accompli 388
* Nokia 6310i
* Nokia 3410
* Nokia 3510i
* Nokia 7650
* Nokia 7210
* Nokia 6100
* Nokia 6230
* Nokia 6610
* Nokia 5100
* Siemens SL45i
* Siemens M50
* Siemens MT50
* Siemens S55
* Siemens C55
* Siemens C60
* Sharp TQ-GX10 [limited workability, see bugs section]
* Sanyo SCP-4900 (Sprint PCS)
* Samsung SGH X100
* [please report if you managed to run microCalc on other device]
MicroCalc works on iDEN emulators as well (can't say about real devices) - Motorola i95cl, i90c, i85s
MicroCalc should work on any J2ME MIDP 1.0 compatible device, you can see the list of phones supporting J2ME at Sun's site. It also works on Sun's MIDP for Palm OS.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall