Frogatto for Iphone Publisher's description
from Lost Pixel
An old-school 2d platformer game, starring a certain quixotic frog
An old-school 2d platformer game, starring a certain quixotic frog. From the creators of Battle for Wesnoth comes this exciting jump-and-run platformer. Frogatto has gorgeous, high-end pixel art, pumping arcade tunes, and all the gameplay nuance of a classic console title. Run and jump over pits and enemies. Grab enemies with your tongue, swallow them, and then spit them out at other enemies as projectiles! Fight dangerous bosses, and solve vexing puzzles. Collect coins and use them to buy upgrades and new abilities in the store. Talk to characters in game, and work to unravel Big Bad Milgram's plot against the townsfolk! At over 30 levels set in 4 different environments, Frogatto is not a flash in the pan, and has the play-time you'd expect from a real videogame.
Frogatto was made by a group of big-time fans of classic videogames, who are hoping to bring back the magic in a new, original game design with unconventional gameplay mechanics - a fun break from the usual clones. We're a small group of indie developers, hoping this game becomes one of the definitive platform games on iOS - and you can make that happen!
What's New in This Release:* Complete redo of attack logic; frogatto now is free to walk around whilst he attacks, and in general is much more responsive.
* Frogatto's tongue-grabbing is MUCH more forgiving
* Complete rewrite of damage handling; much more consistent now, and categorically eliminates some bugs where damage wouldn't get dealt.
* Reworked some tilesets to eliminate tiling errors.
* Further enhancements to dungeon wall graphics (added edges).
* New, more readable dialogue font.
* Lots of small graphical tweaks.
* Maps are now strewn with spittable props within easy reach.
* Rewrote most of the dialogue.
* Collectible items like coins can be collected by being touched by the tongue, besides just frogatto's body.
* Redrew the world map.
* Added a few new monsters, like the red hornbugs, and completely rewrote how bats behave.
* Fixed a bug that caused a black line in the seaside background during dialogues.
* Fixed a bug that caused some tiles to incorrectly be flagged as opaque.
System Requirements:Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall