Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss for Iphone Publisher's description
from Oceanhouse Media
Yertle the Turtle, the king of the pond, is unsatisfied with the small stone that serves as his throne.
Yertle the Turtle, the king of the pond, is unsatisfied with the small stone that serves as his throne. He commands the other turtles to stack themselves beneath him so that he can see further and expand his kingdom. As the stack of turtles get's higher and higher, poor Mack, the turtle at the very bottom of the pile, is in great pain. Mack asks Yertle for a brief rest, but Yertle just tells him to be quiet. Finally fed up with Yertle's abuse, the plain little turtle named Mack does something to upset the balance of power and free all the turtles.
New features only available in this omBook include professional narration, background audio and digital artwork for each scene. To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read and words zoom up when pictures are touched. By combining the original text and artwork of Dr. Seuss with features that entertain and promote reading, this omBook appeals to readers of all ages.
Recommended Ages: 3 - 6
Three ways to read this omBook (Oceanhouse Media digital book):
- "Read to Me" — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
- "Read it Myself" — read the book in its traditional form
- "Auto Play" — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!
- Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- Professional audio narration
- Custom background audio for each scene
- This 'Universal App' is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad
What's New in This Release:- iOS7 bug fixes (audio related)
- Parental Controls Added!
System Requirements:Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall