uCentral™ for Iphone Publisher's description
uCentral is the only all-in-one app that delivers the information a clinician or trainee needs at the point of care.
uCentral is the only all-in-one app that delivers the information a clinician or trainee needs at the point of care. uCentral gives libraries and institutions the power to deliver trusted medical reference content and full-text journal articles directly to their patron’s mobile devices. With uCentral, each institution creates a customized aggregation of quick-reference content and makes it available to all of their patrons.
uCentral now includes Unbound MEDLINE, delivering over 20 million articles to your iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad®. With links directly to local holdings, uCentral leverages your library’s journal collection by providing patrons direct access to full-text articles. Lastly, explore the literature like never before with Grapherence™ - a revolutionary approach to finding relevant articles visually.
More than 30 references are available through uCentral, including:
• Washington Manual
• 5-Minute Clinical Consult
• Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
• Johns Hopkins Guides (ABX, Diabetes, HIV)
• Harrison’s Manual of Medicine
• The Merck Manual
• Cochrane Abstracts
• Davis’s Drug Guide
• Taber’s Medical Dictionary
uCentral client for all iOS devices features:
• Optimized interface
• Universal Index Search – find topics across all references
• Cross Links for fast navigation between resources
• Personalized favorites
• Frequent updates and new editions when they’re published
• Web access
uCentral client for iPad features:
• iPad-specific interface – not just an enlarged iPhone app
• Tips, Notifications, and Institutional Messages
• New Recently Viewed feature
• Side-by-side navigation and reading panes
What's New in This Release:• Notifications: sent to your device when updated content is available (you will need to accept notifications when invited or turn it on in Settings >> Notifications Center)
• Updated Universal Index Search: helps you find topics faster
• MEDLINE improvements: includes spell check, Dropbox support, and sharing
• iOS 7 support
System Requirements:Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall