NYTimes Election 2012 for Iphone Publisher's description
The Election 2012 app from The New York Times is a one-stop destination for political news as it unfolds throughout the day
The Election 2012 app from The New York Times is a one-stop destination for political news as it unfolds throughout the day. The app provides a continuously updated view of the latest developments, both from The Times вЂ“ including The Caucus blog and FiveThirtyEight вЂ“ and from sources around the Web. It also features a comprehensive collection of campaign data, with the latest poll numbers, candidate information and state-by-state updates. ItвЂ™s the best election coverage anywhere, all in one app.
The app is free to download and includes free access to the top six news stories. Once you download the app, you can choose to subscribe and get full access to all features. Existing subscribers to NYTimes.com + Smartphone or All Digital Access can simply log in to get full access to this app as part of their existing subscription.
The app features an all-new Top News section, specifically designed for following the 2012 election on your phone:
- The section is anchored by The TimesвЂ™s world-class political coverage but also includes content from around the Web, as chosen by Times editors.
- News is grouped by topic for a quick overview of the dayвЂ™s political headlines.
- The latest stories are highlighted with a red dot so you can see whatвЂ™s new at a glance.
The Election Guide includes:
- A database of polling results from a variety of organizations
- Candidate pages with updates, bios and statistics
- A primary calendar with in-depth information on each state
- Live election results
The app also offers:
- Editorials, Op-Eds and blog posts from The TimesвЂ™s Opinion Pages
- Videos and slide shows from the campaign trail
This app is designed for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPod Touch 3rd generation and above.
Your subscription options:
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps for $14.99 per month
- All Digital Access (including the NYTimes news app for iPhone and iPadВ®, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
System Requirements:Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall