MediBabble Haiti for Iphone Publisher's description
from NiteFloat, Inc.
MediBabble Haiti is a professional-grade medical translation tool, designed by academic clinicians in concert with professional medical interpreters.
MediBabble Haiti is a professional-grade medical translation tool, designed by academic clinicians in concert with professional medical interpreters. MediBabble Haiti is being distributed as a free resource to domestic healthcare providers assisting patients who speak Haitian Creole and to facilitate international relief work. Designed to improve safety, efficiency, accuracy and quality of care in resource-poor settings, MediBabble Haiti is a powerful and portable tool that enables patient-provider communication when live, telephone or internet interpretation services are unavailable.
- Contains thousands of translated questions and instructions all playable as high-quality audio recordings
- Thoughtfully organized by symptom to facilitate comprehensive or targeted medical history-taking all the way from chief complaint to review of systems
- A thorough physical exam section provides phrases used to prepare, position, instruct and educate patients during an exam
- Tested in large university and county hospital settings, including emergency departments, intensive care units, inpatient wards, and perioperative environments
- Designed for patients with limited language or health-care literacy
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices
Does not require internet connectivity once downloaded
- Ideal tool for medical students, house staff, nurses, attending physicians and independent providers
- Additional languages, including Spanish, Russian, Cantonese and Mandarin, will be available for in-app download winter of 2010
- Additional areas of content, including question sets for additional organ systems and specific practice settings, such as labor and delivery, perioperative care, dentistry, etc.
System Requirements:Need to use iTunes software
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall