Inspire - Paint, Draw & Sketch for Iphone Publisher's description
Try Inspire and you will quickly see that it is a painting app like no other! The key feature is the simulation of wet oil paint on canvas, allowing amazing blending effects with five real kinds of brushes. You will be stunned by what you can do with
Try Inspire and you will quickly see that it is a painting app like no other! The key feature is the simulation of wet oil paint on canvas, allowing amazing blending effects with five real kinds of brushes. You will be stunned by what you can do with a dry brush!
Full Retina display support with laser-sharp graphics.
- Five realistic paint brushes to choose from: a flat brush, round brush, fan brush, palette knife and clumped brush.
- Each brush comes in many different sizes and can be rotated a full 360 degrees.
- Brushes can be loaded with different amounts of paint, including no paint at all for a dry brush.
- Varying amounts of pressure can be used with a dry brush to achieve many different kinds of blending effects.
- Paint actually "breaks" as it depletes off the palette knife, allowing techniques such as layering and the creation of textures.
- A stippling effect can be produced on the canvas by painting stab strokes with repeated taps on the screen.
- All brushes can be used as an eraser, controlled by the pressure.
- The location and behavior of individual bristles are completely randomized in every way, ensuring that no two brush strokes ever look exactly the same.
- Two different canvas sizes to choose from: (640 x 960) and (960 x 960).
- The intuitive painting menu completely disappears when dismissed and rotates to accommodate the current orientation of the device.
- There are 8 hotspots around the edge of the screen that can be tapped to perform commonly used actions quickly and easily.
- 1000 levels of undo and redo are available.
- Choose any paint color you can dream of right away with the natural color picker.
- Your latest colors are saved automatically as you paint and can be selected from a palette.
- You can save your favorite colors while painting with drag and drop.
- The eye dropper tool can be used to select paint colors that are already on the canvas and can be invoked using a tap and hold gesture.
- The canvas can be moved around and zoomed in and out up to 3200%.
- Canvas locations can be conveniently zoomed in on using a double-tap gesture.
- Brush strokes can be painted on the canvas at a fully customizable offset location relative to where the screen is actually touched.
Saving, Importing and Exporting
- Paintings are automatically saved in your gallery and easily exported to your Photos.
- Images can be imported from your Photos and positioned, rotated and scaled onto a new canvas.
- Paintings can be sent via email from within the app, attached as uncompressed PNG image files.
- Paintings can be uploaded directly to Facebook, Twitter and Flickr.
- Paintings can be exported at resolutions of up to 6 times the original in both PNG and JPEG formats using the free Inspire Exporter app available for both Windows and Mac OS.
What's New in This Release:Painting Engine Improvements
- The OpenGL view of the canvas now runs at a blazing, rock-solid 60 frames per second, up from 30 before — the result is faster zooming, fluid UI animations and silky-smooth brush stroke rendering (4th gen device or newer)
- The brush pressure range has been tweaked so that higher amounts of pressure now simulate bristles bending and touching a larger area of the canvas at a time, resulting in more paint being picked up and moved in the direction of a stroke
- The palette knife paint breaking algorithm has been improved so that paint breaks more naturally as it runs out off the knife during a stroke — the result is beautiful, effortless and one-of-a-kind textures for each stroke
- The algorithm that determines the location of each bristle within a brush during a stroke has been improved to provide a more natural, balanced and unique look to the paint applied onto the canvas
- The maximum level of zoom has been increased from 3200% to 6400% — adding fine details to a painting has never been easier
- Canvas loading time has been improved by 400% (iPhone 4S or newer)
- Canvas saving time has been improved by 200% (iPhone 4S or newer)
- Brush stroke processing time has been improved by 20%
- Canvas fill time has been improved by 15%
Printing Made Easy
- Paintings can now be printed directly from within the app via the Export menu (only available on iOS 4.2 or later and your printer must support AirPrint)
- Improved app icon
- Improved splash screen image
- The background behind the canvas is now a subtle texture instead of just a solid color
- The zoom bar has a new look to match the hotspot and painting menu icons
- The dry brush is no longer disabled while the eraser is on, so you can now switch from erasing to blending and vice versa, quickly and easily
System Requirements:Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1 or later
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall