Fast Acuity Lite for Iphone Publisher's description
from William Beaudot
FAST ACUITY LITE provides the fastest and easiest VISUAL ACUITY TEST for the general population!
FAST ACUITY LITE provides the fastest and easiest VISUAL ACUITY TEST for the general population! (IMPORTANT NOTICE: this app has been calibrated for the iPhone and iPod touch ONLY and is NOT appropriate for the iPad because of the different display resolutions)
CHECK OUT the full version "FAST ACUITY" which includes additional charts specifically designed for testing literate people (letters chart) and preschool children (shapes chart)! PRO VERSION "VISUAL ACUITY" ALSO AVAILABLE!
FAST ACUITY LITE could not be easier to use:
1) set precisely the viewing distance to the subject using the bottom slider (up to 8 m or 26 ft),
2) adjust the vertical slider to select an acuity range so the subject can easily see the top line but cannot for the bottom line (press the + and - buttons for a finer control),
3) tap the smallest line the subject can fully read.
Et voila! The visual acuity is reported with some useful comments.
Why is FAST ACUITY better than the 150 year-old Snellen chart and other acuity tests available on the iPhone:
- it is an interactive eye chart,
- it produces charts that are randomly generated to prevent memory effects (tap the acuity line above the chart to produce a new one),
- it supports viewing distance up to 8 meters (26 ft) in metric or imperial units,
- it supports the most common acuity units,
- it uses the Landolt C and Tumbling E symbols considered as the reference optotypes for testing visual acuity,
- it follows the VISUAL ACUITY MEASUREMENT STANDARD and the recommendations by the NATIONAL EYE INSTITUTE and the INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF OPHTHALMOLOGY.
Several options are available to customize the test: choice of C or E optotypes, foot or meter acuity units, choice of 4 or 8 orientations, choice between black letter on white background or vice versa, metric or non-metric unit for viewing distance.
Note that only the C and E optotypes are available in this lite version. Both the full version "FAST ACUITY" and the PRO version "VISUAL ACUITY" include the following additional interactive charts: the Sloan, HOVT and Lea charts.
About KyberVision: we provide consulting, research and development services in Vision Sciences. We also develop vision-related applications for the iPhone/iPod Touch platform, that are spin-off products of Psykinematix, our Mac OS X flagship product in the field of Visual Psychophysics
What's New in This Release:Improvement for "White on Black" background mode.
System Requirements:Need to use iTunes software
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall