Curious George's Dictionary Preview for Iphone Publisher's description
from ScrollMotion, Inc
The worldвЂ™s most curious monkey investigates new words in this lite of the fully interactive picture dictionary for young children. Both entertaining and educationally sound, it features charming illustrations and reflects recent research in
National Parenting Publications Awards
The worldвЂ™s most curious monkey investigates new words in this lite of the fully interactive picture dictionary for young children. Both entertaining and educationally sound, it features charming illustrations and reflects recent research in early childhood literacy. Children can navigate from A to Z with simple swipes and taps, through nearly six hundred words (this preview version lets you sample letters A to C).
Watch the video on YouTube: keyword "Curious George's Dictionary"
- Scroll back and forth along the alphabet menu. Tap the picture to hear the letter or section read aloud, and tap the blue letter box to go there.
- On each vocabulary page:
- Swipe left and right for new words in alphabetical order.
- Tap the blue house (top right) to return to the main alphabet menu.
- Tap the screen to hear the word read aloud.
- Tap the blue letter box (bottom right) to bring up a secondary menu bar. Scroll left and right along the bar to skip quickly to different words. Tap the box again to hide.
- вЂњHow ToвЂќ is an illustrated userвЂ™s guide to the application.
- вЂњLearn,вЂќ an illustrated story, shows George learning to look up words in his dictionary, drawing children in while introducing them to dictionary skills.
- вЂњNumbers,вЂќ вЂњQuantities,вЂќ вЂњColors & Shapes,вЂќ and вЂњOppositesвЂќ present thematic vocabulary groupings with whimsical illustrations.
Note: This app is a large multimedia experience. For best results, reboot your device after download. We will make periodic updates to address known issues. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any technical problems before posting a review.
About Houghton Mifflin
Boston-based Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company is a global education leader and the world's largest publisher of educational materials for pre-KвЂ“12 schools. The Company publishes a comprehensive set of best-in-class educational solutions, ranging from research-based textbook programs to instructional technology to standards-based assessments for students and educators. The Company also publishes an extensive line of reference works and award-winning literature for adults and young readers. With origins dating back to 1832, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt combines its tradition of excellence with a commitment to innovation.
What's New in This Release:This lite version has the full content for the letters A, B & C. However, D through Z have only a single word per letter. Thanks for downloading!
System Requirements:Need to use iTunes software
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iPhone OS 2.2.1 or later.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall