ACS Trials Free for Iphone Publisher's description
from Michael Nassif
Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS) are the most exhaustively studied clinical entities today.
Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS) are the most exhaustively studied clinical entities today. Advances in pharmacotherapy and procedural technique over the past thirty years have led to an explosion of clinical literature, which can be daunting and confusing for the caretaker of a patient with anginal symptoms.
ACS Trials brings you thorough, focused, MD-written summaries of over 60 seminal trials of ACS that have given rise to current practice. Its easy-to-use interface and layout provide quickly accessible one-liner ‘soundbites’ as well as deeper analysis and historical context of landmark trials in cardiology.
Whether you’re a medical student whose attending is asking, “What’s the evidence for aspirin?”, a nurse practitioner wondering whether to continue the eptifibatide drip when the stent is already in place, a cardiology fellow who can’t remember the loading dose of ticagrelor, or cath fellow making sure you’re right about bivalirudin before the interventionalist yells at you, ACS Trials is a must-have.
Each trial summary contains:
- One-liner Take Home Message
- Concise summary of major results and important points
- Trial design & length of follow-up
- Inclusion & Exclusion Criteria
- Methods, including dosing protocols, timing/duration of interventions, and relevant background medical therapies
- Baseline Patient Characteristics
- Funding sources
- ACC/AHA Guidelines resulting from the study
- Direct links to PubMed abstract & Full-Text manuscripts (if avail.)
What's New in This Release:ACS Trials Lite now includes all 72 trials! In-app purchase remains available to disable all advertising.
System Requirements:Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall