Write My Name by Injini for Ipad Publisher's description
Write My Name by Injini
Write My Name by Injini
Developed by experts and endorsed by parents and teachers, Write My Name by Injini is a fun way for children to practice writing letters, words, names and phrases. Write My Name supports children ages 4 through 6 to learn how to write their name, trace uppercase and lowercase letters, and write over 100 familiar sight/Dolch words. Write My Name meets some of the basic reading and writing Common Core State Standards for kindergarten such as the introduction and mastery of print and word recognition concepts.
How to Play
Embedded within a childвЂ™s beautiful wood desk space there are three activity areas that preschoolers and kindergarteners can explore as they practice and master writing their alphabet, name, and common sight words.
- ABC alphabet book focuses on learning and tracing the individual uppercase or lowercase letters.
- Word cards introduce over 100+ common sight words where children trace words in uppercase or lowercase letters. Once the word is traced, the word card comes to life with vibrant colors and animations. Trace the word a second time and a star stamp is added to the studentвЂ™s word journal. These rewards encourage children to keep progressing through all the words provided.
- My Name allows parents and teachers to create over 36 nametags, including the childвЂ™s name with a picture for children to practice writing words that are especially meaningful for them.
Students with Special Needs
In the same tradition as Injini and My First AAC, Project Injini was inspired to create Write My Name for children with special needs to help them practice emerging writing skills in a fun and playful way. Children with name writing as one of their IEP (individual education program) goals will especially benefit from the Write My Name learning application as it makes this task accessible and achievable to children with fine motor delays and sensory processing issues.
Write My Name Highlights
- Alphabet book to practice writing uppercase and lowercase letters
- Word cards to practice tracing over 100 common sight/Dolch words
- Create 36 individualized name tags or phrases with pictures
- Fingerpaint mode to write with blue paint and see the letters exactly as traced
- Calm background music that can be turned off or on in the options screen
- Designed for school and home use
- Superb artwork, music and real voice files
- Educational discounts for volume purchases
- Intuitive game design promotes independent play
Project Injini also offers My First AAC, an alternative and augmentative communication application, and Injini Child Development Game Suite designed specifically for young children with special needs. Learn more at www.injini.net
Follow us @ProjectInjini on Twitter || Like us at www.facebook.com/ProjectInjini
Project Injini is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7
Categories: Early Learning, Reading, Sight Words, Vocabulary, Special Needs
System Requirements:Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall