TeachMe: 2nd Grade for Ipad Publisher's description
from 24x7digital LLC
TeachMe: 2nd Grade is the fourth installment in the popular TeachMe series of educational apps for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade is the fourth installment in the popular TeachMe series of educational apps for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. TeachMe: 2nd Grade teaches six age-appropriate subjects to second grade children: spelling, sight words, long addition, long subtraction, fast addition and fast subtraction. TeachMe: 2nd Grade's unique TeachTech character recognition engine interprets a child's written answers, helping to reinforce writing skills while teaching math and spelling.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade keeps children engaged with a unique reward system where children earn coins by playing learning games at the school. They can move around the rest of TeachTown to spend their coins on fun rewards. Children can make fun photos at the Photobooth, collect stretchable shapes at the Shape Store, visit their virtual aquarium at the Fish Store, and decorate different scenes at the Art Store. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to encourage the child to learn and succeed! In addition, the learning screens are colorful, fun and rotate between six different subjects so children don't get bored.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade is the only iPhone app which reads your child's writing using TeachTech, 24x7digital's writing recognition engine. Children write their answers for math and spelling questions and TeachMe: 2nd Grade reads them using TeachTech. If your child needs help, TeachMe: 2nd grade will show them how to write the correct answer including the proper stroke order.
Each child has an achievements screen which motivates and encourages learning by showing progress and levels for each topic. Parents can use this screen to quickly see progress of their child. Parents can select which subjects they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents can also review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
- TeachTech writing recognition
- Achievement screen show progress and levels for each topic
- Explore TeachTown to spend coins on fun rewards
- Turn ordinary pictures into fun photos at the Photobooth
- Collectable stretchable shapes reward found at the Shape Store
- Virtual Aquarium reward (4 types of fish and 45+ items)
- 6 different sticker reward scenes: playground, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, farm
- Over 150 different stickers for adding to scenes
- Save learning information for up to four children
- Upgradeable to 35 children with in-app purchase
- Select which subjects are displayed for each child
- Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
- Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
- Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
- Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
- Export sticker rewards scenes to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
- Sight Words: Dolch Second Grade
- Spelling: 100+ 2nd grade level words
- Fast Addition: practice single digit math facts in preparation for long addition
- Fast Subtraction: practice one's column math facts in preparation for long subtraction
- Long Addition: 2 and 3 digit addition including regrouping (carrying)
- Long Subtraction: 2 and 3 digit subtraction including regrouping (borrowing)
Email us at support@24x7digital for help & suggestions as we cannot respond to reviews.
Try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: 1st Grade, TeachMe: Kindergarten and TeachMe: Toddler. Also try out Smiley Sight Words and TimesTables (Multiplication Tables and Drills).
What's New in This Release:- Fixed Photobooth iPad Camera bug
- Fixed problems on older devices running iOS 4.2
- Fixed In-App purchases bug for adding additional players
- Requires iOS 3.1 or later
System Requirements:Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall