CDC for Ipad Publisher's description
CDCвЂ™s official app helps you explore a variety of health information including our health articles, popular journals, timely updates and access to social media.
CDCвЂ™s official app helps you explore a variety of health information including our health articles, popular journals, timely updates and access to social media. This application is a companion to CDCвЂ™s trusted website (www.cdc.gov). Check out these features:
* Timely news articles to help you improve your healthвЂЁ
* Most recent articles from CDCвЂ™s Vital Signs
вЂЁ* Journal Articles from CDCвЂ™s Prevention Chronic Diseases Journal
вЂЁ* CDCвЂ™s news room releasesвЂЁ
* Access to CDCвЂ™s podcasts, blogs, and social media
CDC works 24/7 keeping America safe from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and domestic. Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights it and supports communities and citizens to prevent it. CDC is the nationвЂ™s health protection agency - saving lives, protecting people from health threats, and saving money through prevention.
Important Health Content: Health Articles, Vital Signs, Preventing Chronic Disease Journal, Public Health Blogs, and Newsroom feeds update automatically.
* CDC Health Articles are written by subject matter experts and health communicators. While most stories are topic or event driven, some capture the full scope of CDC's work on cross-cutting topics such as staying healthy and safe over the holidays, sending kids back to school, or CDC's global programs and outreach.
* CDC Vital Signs offers recent data and calls to action for important public health issues. Topics will include colorectal and breast cancer screening, obesity, alcohol and tobacco use, access to health care, HIV testing, seat belt use, cardiovascular disease and moreвЂ¦
* CDC Preventing Chronic Disease (PCD) Journal is a peer-reviewed electronic journal established to address the interface between applied public health research, practice, and policy. Articles focus on preventing and controlling chronic diseases and conditions, promoting health, and examining the biological, behavioral, physical, and social determinants of health and their impact on quality of life, morbidity, and mortality across the life span.
* Public Health Matters Blog: In this blog, we share our public health passions about the evolution of public health and the continual strides that are being made to protect and save lives through education, awareness, research, and promoting healthy lifestyles. From high-tech labs in Atlanta to the field worldwide, please join us as we share our perspective and personal experiences working on the front lines of emerging infectious diseases and public health emergencies.
* Listen to/view CDC podcasts: Listen on your iPad for reliable health and safety information when and where you want it.
* Stay Connected: Follow CDC on Facebook, Twitter and You Tube to receive important information on health concerns and events throughout the year.
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTORL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUTH LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSE OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
System Requirements:Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall