Rules of the Road for Android Publisher's description
Quick learning & revision tool, over 100 graphics, for all seafarers
Quick learning & revision tool, over 100 graphics, for all seafarers.
"... a brilliant training and reference device"
".... excellent graphics, really first class clean design and accurate info..."
This boating, sailing and marine app provides all skippers, sailors, boaters and fishermen with the essential quick reference knowledge they need to quickly interpret what other vessels are doing, who has right of way and what action they should take to prevent a possible collision, as specified by the IRPCS ColRegs Rule of The Road "Steering and Sailing Rules", and "Sound and Light Signals" sections.
Whether out on the water or on shore, in daylight, darkness or poor visibility, simply open the app and search the rules in seconds to find the appropriate rule and definition.
- No internet connection required.
- Simple, easy to use navigation for quick reference.
- Every rule and definition available at the touch of a finger.
- Expertly drawn illustrations accompanied by clear, concise descriptions of all the rules.
There are 4 main sections to this app:
1) Navigation Rules:
A graphic reference guide which illustrates the majority of the "Steering and Sailing Rules"in 29 easy to follow illustrations. Each illustration has a two line caption explaining the rule. For more detailed information, drop down captions reproduce the appropriate rule in full.
The "Sound and Light Signals" in 37 easy to follow illustrations. Also included in this section is Annex IV from the ColRegs, detailing the "Distress Signals" used at sea. Each illustration has a two line caption explaining the rule. For more detailed information, where appropriate, drop down captions reproduce the rule in full.
Steering and Sailing Rules (Rules 4 to 19) and Part D: Sound and Light Signals (Rules32 to 37) and Annex IV Distress Signals are reproduced in full.
4) Test Yourself:
A series of multiple choice questions with 28 graphic representations of the rules helps you check your knowledge.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- Easy reference learning and revision tool for day skippers and boat pilots
- Over 100 custom made graphics for a better visual experience
- Researched and produced by nautical and marine experts for accuracy
- Positively evaluated by professional pilots for reliability
- Interactive "Test Yourself" Section
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall