OXFORD DICTIONARIES for Android Publisher's description
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford.
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. The preparation of dictionaries, of all types and for all ages, has been a central part of its activities for more than 100 years.
Oxford for Android presents comprehensive English dictionaries containing the high-quality dictionary databases from Oxford Unversity Press and the SlovoEd application engine from Paragon Software (SHDD), the world's leading provider of software for mobile platforms.
Two industry leaders have combined their efforts to provide a revolutionary combination of high-quality reference content and state-of-the-art technology for your translation needs.
Improve your language skills with Oxford dictionary:
* Look up unfamiliar words directly from the home screen! Now Oxford dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.*
* Morphology module helps to translate words from any grammatical form (for English and Russian dictionaries).
* Search by voice. Speak your queries instead of typing words in a dictionary. (Uses Google voice recognition service).
* English, German and Russian audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
* Use Fuzzy Search in case of misspelling. Just enter a wrong variant and get a list of similar words.
* Find the word even if you donвЂ™t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (use вЂњ?вЂќ and вЂњ*вЂќ symbols to replace the missing letters).
* Integrate Oxford dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
* Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using Oxford dictionary. Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily.**
* Dictionary installation on memory cards.
* Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
* Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up.
* No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary to your device and use it with no further expense incurred.
* Multilingual interface available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish languages.
* Paragon keyboard for accurate text input in English, German and Russian languages.***
* To turn on this option, install Oxford dictionary. Then go to Menu->Settings->Search->Searchable items and mark Oxford dictionary.
** Words from your Flash Cards are demonstrated more frequently if Flash Cards application is installed on the device.
***For keyboard activation: long press on пїЅ?123вЂ™ button at Standard keyboard -> Select Input Method -> Paragon keyboard.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall