NetCounter for Android Publisher's description
from Cyril Jaquier
NetCounter is a network traffic counter for the Android platform.
NetCounter is a network traffic counter for the Android platform. As a big Unix/Linux fan, I like the K.I.S.S. principle. So this application will not integrate tons of features but will (try) to display your network traffic consumption in a simple and nice manner.
I wrote this application because I need it. I have only 250 MB included in my contract so I have to take care of my bandwidth usage. As Android does not include such a counter, I decided to write a simple application which will show me my current bandwidth usage.
This is my first Android application. I still have a lot of things to learn about Android and I will improve and fix bugs in NetCounter as I am getting more familiar with the framework.
NetCounter is an open-source application released under the GPLv3 license. This application is free and will remain free so if you really like it, please consider donating.
* Open-source software.
* Network traffic counter for both EDGE/3G and Wi-Fi.
* Available in English, German, Czech, Italian, French, Russian, Spanish and more.
* Data are persisted.
* Dynamic counters that can be added, modified and removed. "Total", "Last 30 days", "Last 7 days", "Today", "Yesterday", "Weekly", "Monthly" and more are available.
* Alerts on a counter basis if limit exceeded.
* Starts automatically if you restart your phone.
* Export/Import data to/from the SD card (CSV format).
What's New in This Release:ChangeLog
* Fixed crash (ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException) with Swedish locale. Thanks to Fredrik Premler and risbert.
* Improved Dutch translation. Thanks to Bram Schoenmakers.
* Updated Swedish translation. Thanks to Tibor Baranyi.
* Network interfaces should be automatically discovered now. Should work for most devices. Contact me if yours does not. Thanks to everyone who submitted a patch to support their devices (Matti, Jon, Tristan, Samuel, Bram, Marco, Thilo and many others).
* Hopefully fixed CSV export issue on newer version of the SDK.
* Added support for Samsung I5700 (Spica). Thanks to everyone who provided the required informations.
* Added support for Google Nexus One (passion).
* Updated Catalan translation. Thanks to Joan MontanГ©.
* Added Swedish translation. Thanks to Tibor Baranyi.
* Added "last month" counter as per users request.
* Motorola Droid support. Thanks to everyone who provided the required informations.
* Accept all screen resolutions. Should work on HTC Tattoo.
* Switched to SDK 1.6 (4) but minimal requirement is still SDK 1.5 (3).
* NetCounter now requires Android 1.5. SDK version 3.
* Added BarGraphActivity. Uses a modified version of AChartEngine (Apache 2 license). This is still experimental.
* Added debug option. Show some debug information in the notification area.
* Added Russian translation. Thanks to Dmitry Kutsenko.
* Hopefully fixed the negative value bug. Thanks to Erwin Betschart and Stavros Kafouros.
* Added aTrackDog support.
* Added What's New dialog on first start of a new release/new install.
* Added support for T-Mobile Pulse (Huawei U8220).
* Many bug fixes and improvements.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall