MSDict Oxford Dictionary of the Bible for android Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
As well as providing concise information about important places and personalities, this accessible dictionary clearly explains the themes and doctrines of the Bible.
As well as providing concise information about important places and personalities, this accessible dictionary clearly explains the themes and doctrines of the Bible. With entries ranging from earthquakes and mice to feminism and the Dead See Scrolls, it is a lively and absorbing reference work for students and all readers of the Bible.
"lively, original and thought-provokingвЂ¦clear and entertaining presentation"
Times Literary Supplement
"Should send you scurrying to the Good Book"
Convenience and Easy-access Layout
* Over 2,000 entries from Adam to Zechariah
* Clear explanation of technical terms, methods of interpretation, and critical analysis, as well as notes on leading biblical scholars and their work
* Broad coverage includes the books of the Bible, people and places, customs, religions and worship, history, and theology
* Takes into account the work of Christian scholars of all denominations, and of Jewish scholars
You can downalod and install the program directly to your device from our mobile website www.mobisystems.com/mobile
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Oxford Bible Dictionary is utilized by MSDict Viewer. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Support for memory cards
What's New in This Release:* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget in the phone home screen
* Handy custom filters added to help you easily locate the word you are searching for
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall