MSDict Concise Oxford Spanish Dictionary for Android Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
This dictionary offers the richest coverage of the 24 principal regional varieties of spanish with special emphasis on modern idioms and colloquial usage
This dictionary offers the richest coverage of the 24 principal regional varieties of spanish with special emphasis on modern idioms and colloquial usage. Words and phrases are clearly marked to show the Spanish-speaking region where they are used, from Spain the Chile or Mexico, from Central America to the river Plate. In addition, variant pronunciations and the degree of formality of words, from formal through to taboo, are marked where necessary.
Convenience and Easy-access Layout
- Completely updated to include the very latest vocabulary using oxford s renowned language research programme
- More than 170,000 words and phrases and 240,000 translation
- Visual presentation and use of color make dictionary information even more accessible
- In-text cultural notes on life in the Spanish-speaking world
- Covering the rich variety of world of Spanish
- Clarification of idiomatic phrases, compounds, and abbreviations
What's New in This Release:* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget in the phone home screen
* Handy custom filters added to help you easily locate the word you are searching for
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall