gasmixer for Android Publisher's description
An Android gas mixing application.
An Android gas mixing application. Computes the required pressures of oxygen and helium required to blend nitrox and trimix for SCUBA diving applications.
- It's able to handle starting with a non-empty cylinder.
- The gas used to top up the mix is air by default, but this can be changed if you are interested in using another banked gas.
- It also computes MODs, EADs, and ENDs for desired and result mixes.
- Supports both ideal and Van der Waals equations for mixing calculations
- Can switch between adding Oxygen or Helium first when blending
- Can customize the temperature setting
- Should run well on most Android devices running Cupcake (1.5) or higher, including the T-Mobile G1, HTC Hero, Motorola Droid, and HTC Tattoo.
- NEW in v 2.8: support for nitrox and trimix continuous blending
- Source code is available, providing developers with a good implementation of common SCUBA formulae and performing Van der Waals mixing calculations numerically.
Gas Mixer is available for download on the Android Market and on SlideME (an experiment for countries without support for paid apps on the Android Market). SCUBA Tanks, the companion app that allows specifying tank sizes for mixing, is available for download here and is also on the Android Market and SlideME.
If you're not picky about what you end up with, there's also a top-up mode to determine what you would get if you topped up an existing mix to a desired pressure.
Always analyze your gas! This program is only making approximations. It is no substitute for proper blending technique and an analyzer.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall