Droid Talker - Free for Android Publisher's description
from Bill Schroeder
This is the free version app that will read/speak whatever you type.
This is the free version app that will read/speak whatever you type. You can use this to have your droid say silly things or even help your kids with learning words. The app can also load files for speaking too. Click on the ads to html target="_blank">show your support for free apps.
- Text to Speech
- Uses Android TTS Engine (Better Voice Quality)
- Open File menu item for opening an ascii text file from your SD Card and reading it
- Clear menu item for re-setting the text field
- App now remembers the last folder you used for opening a file
- Added previous and next paging buttons for navigating text within a file
- The volume buttons change the media volume
- Use the Read menu item for automatic reading of all the pages in a file, instead of manually paging and reading
- Use the Stop menu item to stop automatic reading
- Prevent screen from locking while active
- Low Light preference setting
- Remembers last page opened in a document, so you can resume reading
This version contains ADs and is fully functional like the paid version. The paid version does not contain any ADs.
NOTE: This requires Text-To-Speech to be installed in order to work.
- Reading epub files
- Saving the text to a file
Let me know what other features you would like.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall