Split n Join For Mac Publisher's description
Split n Join allows the user to convert audio/movie clips into different formats
Split n Join allows the user to convert audio/movie clips into different formats, join multiple clips into one independent clip, split one clip into multiple independent files, each of which can be opened. With the exception of ZIP archives DMG disc images, Split n Join does not deal with file parts. Rather, it's designed to let the user split a single file into pieces such that any of them can still be opened even when one of them goes missing or become inaccessible.
If you split a single QuickTime movie into several parts with 7Z, RAR, Split&Concat, you cannot watch any of them with a media player. And the worst part is this. If you lose any of the parts, you will lose the entire movie. Instead, why don't you just split one movie into multiple clips, each of which can be opened with a media player?
* Split n Join comes with a bult-in audio/video player.
* Join QuickTime-readable movie files (3GP, 3GP2, DV, M4V, MOV, MP4, formats that QuickTime can decode) into a single QuickTime movie. Export joint movie tracks with audio and video compressors of your choice.
* Join audio files of different formats into a single QuickTime audio file. Export joint audio tracks with an audio compressor of your choice.
* Combine multiple AVI movie files into single independent video clips.
* Combine multiple Matroska-container movie files (MKV) into single independent video clips. (with Version 2.1.2)
* Join disc image parts (DMGPART) into single disc image files (DMG).
* Split ZIP files into multiple archives, each of which can be independently unpacked.
* Split QuickTime-readable movie files (3GP, 3GP2, DV, M4V, MOV, MP4) into multiple video clips, each of which can be independently opened.
* Split Matroska-container movie files (MKV) into multiple video clips, each of which can be independently opened.
* Split AVI movie files into multiple video clips, each of which can be independently opened
* Splt imported MP3 audio files into 2 independent clips, one file at a time. (with Version 2.2.0)
* Splt imported FLV video files into 2 independent clips, one file at a time. (with Version 2.6.0)
* Split imported disc image files (DMG) into multiple parts.
* Convert any number of reference movie files (MOV) into self-contained ones. (with Version 2.4.5)
* Splitting video clips - 3GP, 3GP2, AVI, DV, FLV, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4
* Joining video clips - 3GP, 3GP2, AVI, DV, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4 (ASF*, DIVX*, MPEG*, MPG*, WMV*)
* Joining audio clips - AIF, MOV, M4a, MP2, MP3, MP4, WAV and other untested formats
* Splitting archives - ZIP
* Splitting/Combining disc image parts - DMG
* Splitting audio clips - MP3
* Extra multimedia formats to accept depend on OS version, availability of Quicktime components
What's New in This Release:* Fix: The duration of the movie in timecode could have been inaccurately shown on SplitAVI and SplitMKV.
* SplitMP3: The user is no longer required to set an audio bit rate.
* SplitMP3: When the user clicks on the Split button, progress bars will appear inside the display window, showing real-time export progress.
* A new component (SplitFLV) is available. Similar to SplitMP3, you can use SplitFLV to split FLV video clips into 2 independent clips at a chosen time position.
* The user is now able to set default audio/video/disc image names in Preferences. To set default file names, see the tab labeled System files.
* Drop-open-file works properly.
* Several more minor changes/fixe are made.
System Requirements:* 10.5, 10.6 with PowerPC Mac or Intel Mac
* QuickTime 7.5 or higher excluding QuickTimeX (No Pro upgrade is required.)
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall