NFS Manager For Mac Publisher's description
from Marcel Bresink
NFS Manager is a graphical user interface to control all built-in NFS features of Mac OS X.
NFS Manager is a graphical user interface to control all built-in NFS features of Mac OS X. It can manage a whole network of Mac OS X computers to setup a distributed NFS file system via a few simple mouse clicks.
NFS (Network File System) is the industry standard for file sharing on UNIX systems like Mac OS X. Each Mac OS X system can be setup as an NFS server to offer files to the network, or as an NFS client to access files shared by other computers. Different from other file sharing protocols built into Mac OS X, NFS has no limitations in the number of users or connections concurrently active. In addition, NFS can be setup to connect to servers fully automatically (вЂњautomountingвЂќ) without any password entries being necessary.
The application is designed to use the latest technologies available in Mac OS X, like Open Directory, Bonjour, or Kerberos. If your network is setup as a Kerberos realm, secure NFS with authenticated and encrypted connections can be configured.
NFS Manager 3 is for Mac OS X Leopard or later only. Previous generations of Mac OS X use a very different implementation of NFS and therefore need a different management tool. If you like to use NFS with legacy systems, please see the pages of NFS Manager 2 for further information.
The software is distributed electronically. You can download the product and test it before you decide to purchase a license for unrestricted usage.
What's New in This Release:* Added a new option for NFS mounts on Snow Leopard to enforce display of the mounts in the Finder. This can be used as a workaround for the undocumented policy of Apple's automounter to always hide NFS automounts in Mac OS X 10.6.
* The user interface and the reference manual now better differentiate between NFS browsing policies in the original NFS implementation by SUN, and NFS browsing as implemented by Apple.
* The program now saves the previous NFS share definition to a backup file when repairing the NFS server setup by cleaning the configuration.
* This version updates the security component to perform privileged configuration tasks.
* Corrected a problem where an active вЂњdeadtimeoutвЂќ mount option did not become visible when displaying the current automount setup.
* Corrected a problem where blanks at certain positions in the NFS configuration file could cause NFS Manager to ignore specific or all NFS settings of the local computer.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall