Mac Restart X For Mac Publisher's description
from Tension Software
Restart your Mac at scheduled time or via the web.
If you need to restart your Mac on a regular basis or just one time at a specific date and time or via iCal, or even via the web, Mac Restart X is the right solution.
* Native for Mac OS X in Cocoa
* Optimized for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
* Runs on OS X 10.4 (Tiger), OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
* Easy to use and powerful
* Don't slow down your Mac when in background
* Amazing interface
* Warns you before restart showing a progress bar or jumping from the dock.
* "Scheduled" or "On Date" or 'On Launch' or 'Via Web Page' Restart type
Setup of Mac Restart is easy and quick.
* To restart on a specific date time you can set it using the calendar control available inside the software.
* To set a repetitive interval, selecting a time and a day of the week or any day or any weekday and so on you can use the 'Scheduled' option.
* You can use also Mac Restart X with Apple iCal, and launch Mac restart X from Apple iCal calendar application. Selecting 'At Launch' Mac Restart X will restart the Mac when it is started, after a delay of 120 secs, warning the user if at work on the Mac.
* You can instruct also to restart when a specified keyword is found inside a web page. When the web page is updated to contain the specified keyword the Mac will restart. Usefull to restart many computers at the same time.
Mac Restart X is the successor on Mac OS X of the widely adopted Mac Restart.
Mac Restart X is native and entirely rewritten on mac OS X for Mac OS X using Objective-C and Cocoa.
The result is a pleasant, small utility that does its job in a simply and elegant way!
Using Mac Restart X is really simple, and insures you that after a long work, specially using complex applications, your Mac will be fresh again to do its work without any troubles.
A restart, on unattended Mac, specially if it works also as a server, can solve a lot of troubles!
If you need security and stability on your sometime or always unattended machine, Mac Restart X comes in help, giving the users a solid (based on Cocoa and Objective-C) solution to these problems.
Mac Restart X shows at any moment when your Mac will be restarted and the time to the restart.
At any moment you can change the restart date time and 2 minutes before restart, Mac Restart enter in "restart mode" initiating the restart procedure.
When the restart procedure is initiated (120 seconds before the restart), Mac Restart X offers to users a notification service of the incoming restart event and giving additional controls such as a progress bar to show the time remaining to the restart and a fast button to abort the Restart pending event.
In case it was minimized in the dock, Mac Restart "jumps" from the dock to notify you that the Mac is going to be restarted, to let you abort the procedure or postpone it!
Mac Restart X really restarts your Mac in a 'polite' way.
Every running application is asked to quit and after that, your Mac is restarted.
The restart procedure at the end of the restart procedure (which has the scope of warning users of the upcoming restart) is a lot similar to the effect you can obtain selecting "Restart..." under the Apple menu.
Mac Restart X is built using rock solid technologies.
You can trust it and use it on production machines.
What's New in This Release:Internal improvements
System Requirements:Mac Restart requires Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or or Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall