EasyFind For Mac Publisher's description
XMenu adds one or more global menus to the right side of the menu bar
Think Mac OS X's Spotlight could use some help, especially when searching for text files? Download EasyFind, an alternative to (or supplement of) Spotlight and find files, folders, or contents in any file without indexing. EasyFind is especially useful for those tired of slow or impossible indexing, outdated or corrupted indices, or those just looking for features missing in the Finder or Spotlight.
* RatingMacworld45blueBoolean operators, wildcards, phrases
* Extended Boolean operators, similar to DEVONthink and DEVONagent
* Immediate searches, no indexing required
* Finds invisible files and files inside packages (something Spotlight doesn't do)
* Displays the location of each file in a separate column
* Previews files using Quick Look (Mac OS X 10.5 or later)
* Provides contextual menus and services
* Supports drag-and-drop
* Very responsive, thanks to multithreading
* Uses very little memory
As an alternative to EasyFind please feel free to have a look at Thomas Tempelmann's freeware Find Any File. Compared to EasyFind you'll get a hierarchical result list, you can search as 'root' user, search after date ranges and file sizes, and save searches and re-run them later.
What's New in This Release:This update extends the Boolean & Wildcards option, shows the number of found files in the Dock, improves compatibility, and updates links to the new DEVONtechnologies website.
- NEW: Option Boolean & Wildcards supports now words separated by hyphens (like searching in DEVONagent Pro 3.x or in DEVONthink/note 2.x already does), for example e-mail is identical to email OR "e mail" and therefore matches e.g. email, e-mail or e mail. Characters separated by dots are considered to be abbreviations and therefore handled like words separated by hyphens, e.g. the term a.b.c is equal to "a b c" OR abc and matches a b c, a.b.c, abc, a-b-c etc.
- NEW: Displays the number of founds items in its Dock icon
- Improved: Drag-and-drop is more compatible to certain applications.
- Improved: Updated links to the new DEVONtechnologies website.
System Requirements:PPC / Intel, Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall