AUCTeX For Mac Publisher's description
from David Kastrup
An integrated environment for editing LaTeX, ConTeXt, docTeX, Texinfo, and TeX files
AUCTeX is an extensible package for writing and formatting TeX files in GNU Emacs and XEmacs. It supports many different TeX macro packages, including AMS-TeX, LaTeX, Texinfo, ConTeXt, and docTeX (dtx files).
AUCTeX includes preview-latex which makes LaTeX a tightly integrated component of your editing workflow by visualizing selected source chunks (such as single formulas or graphics) directly as images in the source buffer.
* Insert macros, environments and headings with a simple key stroke or via a menu entry. AUCTeX will help you by prompting for parameters in case of known macros and environments. There is a completion mechanism for partially written macros available as well.
* Use keyboard shortcuts for inserting math.
* Sophisticated fontification and indentation of macros and environments.
* Fold macros and environments and display their content or a pre-defined string instead. You can temporarily reveal the original text again for editing.
* Run various TeX/LaTeX interpreters and related programs like BibTeX or makeindex from within Emacs.
* View errors of the compiler run and jump to the respective place in the TeX/LaTeX source code.
* Start viewers for DVI, PostScript and PDF output from within Emacs.
* Use forward and inverse search with DVI viewers.
* Generate WYSIWYG inline previews of mathematics, figures, and other constructs which are hard to grasp in plain source view by means of the preview-latex subsystem.
Extensibility and customizability
* Support for macros and environments of many TeX/LaTeX packages with the use of style files.
* Easily extensible by writing your own style files.
* Many aspects of AUCTeX can be adapted to fit your personal working style via the customize mechanism provided by Emacs.
System Requirements:В· Emacs
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall