Synchronize! Pro X For Mac Publisher's description
from Qdea, Inc.
Synchronize! Pro X is a professional-strength file synchronization and backup utility for Mac OS X.
Synchronize! Pro X is a professional-strength file synchronization and backup utility for Mac OS X. As a way of introducing you to Synchronize! Pro X, use it free for 7 days. Click the link to get an eval serial number, download Synchronize! Pro X and try it out.
Unlimited use of all features after the evaluation period requires the purchase of the program, which is $99.95, plus shipping if applicable.
Native on Intel Macs - Synchronize! Pro X runs natively on Intel Macs. Bootable backups can be made to both FireWire and USB 2.0 external hard drives. Intel Macs will boot from backups on either type of drive, while PPC Macs will not boot from USB drives.
While you can use Synchronize! Pro X to put a bootable backup of a PPC Mac on one partition and a bootable backup of an Intel Mac on a different partition of the same hard drive, and you can start up the PPC or Intel Mac from the appropriate partition on that drive, you can't start up an Intel Mac from a bootable backup of a PPC Mac, or vice-versa.
Snow Leopard compatible - Synchronize! Pro X works on Snow Leopard, Leopard, and Tiger (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.5, 10.4). On Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger, Synchronize! Pro X copies "extended attributes", which are attached to many files.
Works on XServe - Synchronize! Pro X is compatible with OS X Server (Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger) and XServe.
Bootable OS X backups - Synchronize! Pro X backs up your OS X startup disk to another hard disk, so that the backup disk is bootable. Make a copy of your system so that you can start up any Macintosh from the backup, or move your current OS X system from one computer to another - even to a different model Macintosh.
Speed - On Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and later, Synchronize! Pro X scans folders as much as 10 times faster. New technology makes it possible to reduce the 10 minutes or more for a bootable backup scan to a typical time of under 1 minute.
Real-time syncs - Synchronize! Pro X watches for folder changes and copies files when changes occur. Available on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and later.
Archive old files - Keep old files in an archive, so that you can go back to them if you need to. Archived files can be grouped for convenient burning to CD. As the archive fills up, the oldest files in the archive are automatically removed to make space for newer files.
Quickly update your backup - Subsequent backups copy only the files that have changed, instead of copying all your files over again, so that updating the backup is much faster.
Schedule your backup - Run your backup automatically at a convenient time, when you're not using your computer.
Network backup - Make a bootable backup to a disk image over a network. For detailed instructions, click here.
Synchronize! Pro X has many other uses, too. As an example, you can sync your home folder with a file server, or your PowerBook, or a FireWire disk, so that the files on both are up-to-date.
Synchronize! Pro X actions can be scheduled to be performed when changes occur, at night, or at any preset time, once or periodically, without anyone present. Passwords can be supplied automatically for file server connections.
What's New in This Release:* Access to this version of Synchronize! Pro X is free if you've purchased a license within the last two years.
* Added the ability to choose invisible files in "Copy only folders" and "Don't copy folders" in the Option menu. Hold down the Option key when clicking "Add" to show invisible files.
* Added a checkbox to the "Warnings" page of the Preferences to disable a warning when folders in "Don't copy folders" in the Option menu can't be found. The warning is enabled by default.
* Changed the "Remove from list" button in the Files To Copy window to "Don't copy this time", for better clarity. Changed the "Don't copy" button to "Don't copy always". The "Don't copy always" button adds a permanent entry to the setup to prevent the file or folder from being copied.
* Changed AutoSync to wait for a volume to be mounted or unmounted for 5 seconds before auto-starting a sync or backup.
* Fixed a crash which could occur if a scheduled backup occurs while a folder scan is running.
* Very old modification dates are now displayed as "---" in the Files To Copy window, as they are in the Finder.
* Fixed a problem with the display of the arrow in the Files To Copy window, for folders whose names are different only in case. Previously, the arrow always pointed in only one direction.
* Fixed a problem which could cause some files to not be correctly handled in a synchronization when the files were copied from right to left.
* Fixed a problem when "Copy only folders" is used with "Multiple Items". Folders are now correctly excluded.
* For a complete list of changes, click here.
System Requirements:. PPC / Intel, Mac OS X 10.4 or later
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall