JetS3t For Mac Publisher's description
from James Murty
JetS3t (pronounced "jet-set") is a free, open-source Java toolkit and application suite
JetS3t (pronounced "jet-set") is a free, open-source Java toolkit and application suite for Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon CloudFront content delivery network, and Google Storage for Developers.
The JetS3t toolkit provides Java programmers with a powerful yet simple API for interacting with storage servicecs and managing data stored there. There are also five applications included in the JetS3t suite.
Applications for using your own online storage accounts:
* Cockpit An easy-to-use graphical application for transferring files, viewing and managing the contents of an Amazon S3 or Google Storage account.
* Synchronize A command-line application for synchronizing directories on your computer with an Amazon S3 or Google Storage account. Ideal for performing back-ups or synchronizing files between different computers.
Applications for service providers to offer mediated access to their S3 account:
* Gatekeeper A servlet that acts as an authorization service running on a Service Provider's server to mediate access to S3 accounts. It processes requests from client applications such as JetS3t Uploader & CockpitLite, and authorizes the client application to perform operations such as uploads, downloads and deletes.
* CockpitLite A graphical application that Service Providers with S3 accounts may provide to clients or customers without S3 accounts. CockpitLite allows users to manage the content of an S3 account to upload files, download files, delete S3 objects and make objects publicly accessible. All these operations are mediated by a Gatekeeper service.
* Uploader A graphical application that Service Providers with S3 accounts may provide to clients or customers without S3 accounts. Uploader allows users to upload files to S3 using a simple wizard-based workflow, but all uploads must first be authorized by a Gatekeeper service.
These applications are built using the JetS3t toolkit, but you do not need to be a Java programmer to use them.
What's New in This Release:* New generic bucket, object, and multi-threaded service classes for interacting with either of the S3 or Google Storage services.
* No long compatible with JDK 1.4. JDK 6+ is now required to run JetS3t.
* Removed antiquated and unsupported SOAP S3 service implementation from toolkit.
* FileComparer and related tools are now compatible with both S3 and Google Storage services.
* FileComparer tool, and therefore all JetS3t apps, now uses a trailing slash to denote directory placeholder objects in S3 instead of the custom "application/x-directory" content-type. This should improve compatibility with other storage management tools, especially Amazon's AWS Console.
* Much more.
System Requirements:* Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later.
* Java 1.4.2 or later.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall