TinkerTool System For Mac Publisher's description
from Marcel Bresink
The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of Mac OS X you are running.
TinkerTool System Release 2 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of Mac OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via вЂњpanesвЂќ, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant. This includes:
* built-in maintenance features of Mac OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
* extended file operations, not available in the Mac OS X Finder,
* the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
* genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical read-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system,
* an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair Mac OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged.
Together with its sister program TinkerTool which is available at no charge, TinkerTool System is a perfect substitute for the following types of system utilities:
* Finder enhancers,
* Cache and font cache cleaners,
* Tools to access hidden preference settings,
* Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
* Internet browser privacy protection tools,
* Programs to control the Macintosh startup chime,
* Tools to remove international language support files,
* Log file browsers,
* Application deinstallers,
* Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
* Service menu control programs,
* Spell-checker dictionary editors,
* and many others.
What's New in This Release:В· Added new feature to review and delete individual cookies stored by Safari or other Mac OS X applications. Users can configure an optional search pattern list which allows to remove cookies of certain sites or with certain contents semi-automatically.
В· The Internet privacy feature now supports the ESR version of Firefox 10 (вЂњFirefox for EnterpriseвЂќ). Support for other versions of Firefox has been removed.
В· Added Internet privacy support for Camino 2.1.
В· Enhanced Internet privacy support for Opera 11 and DEVONagent 3.1.x.
В· Removed Internet privacy support for outdated web browsers like Shiira, Flock, Opera 10 and Camino 2.0x.
В· Enhanced support detecting screen savers based on Quartz Compositions.
В· Enhanced support for deleting recent items in Dock menus.
В· Added new time option to search for outdated preferences files which have not been in use for more than 2 years.
В· Changed the user interface and enhanced protection mechanisms when cleaning outdated preferences files.
В· Changed the user interf...
System Requirements:Intel, Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall