WaterRoof For Mac Publisher's description
from Hany El Imam
IPFW Firewall Frontend
* uses Mac OS X built-in IPFW firewall. No kernel modules, no extensions, no pain. WaterRoof is free and open-source
* the most advanced Mac OS X free graphic frontend for ipfw now features a new, clean interface. WaterRoof lets you create, modify, delete, move ipfw ipv4 and ipv6 rules very quickly.
* build ipfw rules easily with the new simplified interface and the IPFW Rules Translator. Building ipfw rules now is easier than ever
* Backup and deploy firewall rules with WaterRoof Injectors
* Quick dns reverse and whois queries with copy/paste
* manage network bandwidth with dummynet pipes and queues
* check live dynamic rules created by stateful firewall rules
* watch and parse firewall logs, create raw and graphic statistics
* look at active network connections, block them or limit their bandwidth on-the-fly
* list all applications that make network connections
* manage Network Address Translation (NAT) daemon: create a dual-homed firewall/nat/router with port redirection and forwarding; deploy NAT settings using WaterRoof Injectors
* import rules from NoobProof Injectors
* keep your favourite firewall rules active at system boot; import/export rulesets
* explore and test ipfw with configuration wizard and ready rule sets
What's New in This Release:new connection inspector
fully compatible with Mac OS X Server 10.7
added support for natd and port redirection on Mac OS X Server 10.7. See contextual helps for more info.
new boot script
added integration with serveradmin, now it is safe to use WaterRoof on Mac OS X Server. Please see contextual helps inside the application for more information.
fixed minor bugs
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall