QuoteAndComposeManager For Mac Publisher's description
from Paolo Kaosmos
This extension for Thunderbird gives you the following options about compose window
This extension for Thunderbird gives you the following options about compose window and the headers layout in reply and forwarded mails:
1) inserts real borders in reply mails (just in HTML mails). Note that the standard blue borders are only for the display on Thundebird, they're not real part of the mail; this fact can make not easy the distinction from the original message and the reply with other email clients.
You can customize the features of the extension from the options panel, changing the color of the borders (the default is green) and the text at the end of the quoted text (the default is none).
2) can keep the original background color of the quoted text. This option doesn't work, from the main window, if the mail is not displayed in the preview panel;
3) you can hide borders in HTML mails and delete the quoting character ">" in plain-text emails;
4) can move the reply headers into the quoting (just in HTML mails);
5) you can have the headers of the HTML forwarded messages without the table that it's used by default in Thunderbird (to enable this option, choose from the Options "Forward inline message's headers without table");
6) you can have the headers always in black (just in HTML mails), even you use another color to write the text;
7) you can have a fixed size and fixed font family for the headers (just in HTML mails): by default Thunderbird doesn't apply a fixed font for the headers and this can give some problems. From the "Characters" tab in options panel, you can have headers always with a specific font, no matter the one you use to write the message. This font will be applied always at the reply headers and also to the forward headers, if it's enabled the option nВ°5.
8) option to modify the number of rows for the addresses in the compose window (from 0.2.10 version). Note: this option was removed in 0.3.15 version.
9) option to delete  from subject of forwarded mails;
10) option to send always mails in HTML format, when you compose with this format, also if the message have no element that requires HTML (by default Thunderbird in this case convert the message in plain text);
11) selection of predefined font in dropdown menu in Options --> Composition --> HTML, that usually in Thunderbird shows always "Variable Widh" (function active just in TB2);
12) option to try to fix some Thunderbird bugs in handling images path, in functions "copy&past" and "edit as new";
13) option to stabilize predefinied font in replies and forwards;
14) option to delete some elements from forward headers;
15) option to have always forward headers in english;
16) opzione to attach messages from "Attach" button;
17) options to change or delete collectively recipients, from Tools --> QuoteAndComposeManager in compose window;
What's New in This Release:В· better control of the predefined font after a copy&paste operation;
В· possibility to keep the color of the text of the original message when replying;
В· fixed a bug that prevented the stabilization of the predefined font with forwards, in some conditions.
System Requirements:В· ThunderBird 1.0 to 3.1*
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall