Netdisco For Mac Publisher's description
Netdisco is an Open Source web-based network management tool first released publically in 2003.
Netdisco is an Open Source web-based network management tool first released publically in 2003. The target users are large corporate and university networks administrators. Data is collected into a Postgres database using SNMP and presented with a clean web interface using Mason.
Configuration information and connection data for network devices are retrieved via SNMP. Data is stored using a SQL database for scalability and speed. Layer-2 topology protocols such as CDP and LLDP provide automatic discovery of the network topology. Here are some of the favorite uses for this tool:
* Locate a machine on the network by MAC or IP and show the switch port it lives at.
* Turn Off a switch port while leaving an audit trail. Admins log why a port was shut down.
* Inventory your network hardware by model, vendor, switch-card, firmware and operating system.
* Report on IP address and switch port usage: historical and current.
* Pretty pictures of your network.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall