GedScape For Mac Publisher's description
GedScape is a Windows and Mac program for browsing, manipulating, converting and extracting data from GEDCOM files.
GedScape is a Windows and Mac program for browsing, manipulating, converting and extracting data from GEDCOM files. It is the ideal GEDCOM viewer and converter, an essential tool for genealogists.
* Easily view individuals and families, including photos, citations and notes with a simple, intuitive browser-style interface.
* Simply drag a GEDCOM file, drop it onto GedScape, and immediately you can browse a fully indexed family tree.
* Its incredibly fast allowing you to rapidly view GEDCOM's without having to create other database files on your computer or load into your existing genealogy software.
* View indexes of individuals, dates & places, charts including pedigrees, family charts, descendants charts.
* Display summary tables of individuals with links to their individual records (e.g. sample 1 and sample 2)
* Create reports e.g. for ancestors and descendants with photos and narrative descriptions.
* View image gallery of all photos.
* Browse the low-level structure of a GEDCOM file (i.e. at the tag level) but with hyperlinks to move within the file (sample).
* Generate powerful GEDCOM web sites with all the display features of GedScape itself (i.e., its an GEDCOM to HTML converter) (sample).
* Convert GEDCOM files to text/CSV files e.g. to extract GEDCOM data to spreadsheets such as Excel.
* Export new GEDCOM files with character set and text file conversion. Supports all valid character sets defined by GEDCOM 5.5.1 including ANSEL.
* Selectively exclude or 'privatize' chosen data/individuals from conversion/extraction or website generation, e.g. to remove specific individuals (and/or their ancestors/descendants), or to exclude individuals based on their date of birth so as to remove living people.
* Tag individuals to highlight them including in generated GEDCOM HTML pages.
* Supports the entire GEDCOM v5.5.1 specification so you can display all valid data.
System Requirements:Intel, Mac OS X 10.5 or later
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall