Virtual Range for Mac Publisher's description
Simulate the maximum altitude, aerodynamic drag, and stability of your model rocket.
A rocket flight simulator for Mac OS X. With Virtual Range, you can test the stability and performance of model or high power rocket before you launch it. The rocketвЂ™s trajectory is simulated in real time and displayed on the screen, along with information such as altitude at apogee, maximum speed, and maximum acceleration.
Aerodynamic factors such as air pressure, drag, and stability are estimated based on the modeled rocket dimensions. Students can use Virtual Range to learn about aerodynamics and rocket propulsion. Sport flyers can use it to improve their accuracy. This software is offered as a free download for educational and noncommercial use.
What's New in This Release:Virtual Range features a real-time simulation of rocket aerodynamics based on established models. Its predictions have been validated against other simulators and actual flight test data.
* Degrees of freedom: 3 (altitude, downrange, pitch)
* Rocket model input format: RockSim
* Engine model input format: wRASP
* Maximum altitude: Simulation accurate to 30 km
* Maximum speed: Simulation accurate to mach 2.0
* Calculate coefficient of drag: Yes
* Calculate center of pressure: Yes
* Calculate center of gravity: Yes
System Requirements:- Operating system: Requires Mac OS X v. 10.5 or later
- Computer processor: PowerPC G5 or Intel
- Screen resolution: 1024 Г— 768 or higher
- Graphics: 3-D acceleration required
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall