Vectoraster For Mac Publisher's description
from Lost Minds
Vectoraster is a graphics utility for creating vector-based raster patterns and halftones based on bitmap images.
Vectoraster is a graphics utility for creating vector-based raster patterns and halftones based on bitmap images. The raster patterns and point shapes can be freely configured to produce different styles. The resulting rasters can then either be exported to an EPS, PDF or TIFF-file or simply copied into most graphics software.
Vectoraster 3 is shareware and you can download it and try it for free, but with some limitations. To remove these limitations you have to register and pay for the application.
- Create point rasters or linerasters.
- Many configurable point shape types, from circles to polygons or custom shapes from imported EPS-files.
- Use characters as point shapes from any installed font, using a specified text to select the characters.
- Five configurable raster pattern types, including alternating grid, radial and varied density distribution.
- Four raster distortion modes to twist, bulge, wave or split the raster pattern.
- Copy raster curves straight into most other vector graphics software.
- Vector export to EPS or PDF, bitmap TIFF export.
- Set raster point color or use color from the primary or secondary source image.
- Batch processing to apply rasters directly to all images in a directory or to frames in a quicktime movie file.
- Universal application.
What's New in This Release:* New more flexible interface based on collapsing panels.
* Support for different point size functions including the new curve size function.
* File preview and QuickLook support in Finder (Mac OS X 10.5 required).
* Raised max number of allowed raster points to 1 million.
* Quickly create new rasters by dragging and dropping image files onto the Vectoraster application icon.
* New and improved manual.
* Raster pattern preview display.
* Point size function preview display.
* JPEG export.
* 64bit/32bit universal application (Mac OS X 10.5 required).
* Optimization of text raster rendering.
* Measurement optimization.
* New unified export dialogue.
* New default gradient source images for new files.
* Improved incremental point size functionality.
* Several memory leaks fixed.
* Bug with EPS export of custom shape points fixed.
* Bug with pattern offset re-center fixed.
* Bug with batch export to movie with no background fixed.
* Lots of other little bugs fixed.
System Requirements:Intel, Mac OS X 10.5 or later
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall