Fractscape for Mac Publisher's description
from Starscene Software
Fractscape uses fractal terrain generation techniques to create a wide variety of landscapes, with as much or as little control as you want.
Uses fractal terrain generation techniques to create a wide variety of landscapes, with as much or as little control as you want. Load in your own textures, build high-res terrains out of low-res heightmaps, or randomize everything and see what happens. Export terrains for game engines or other uses.
- Generates terrains instantly
- A variety of controls for roughness, size, height, etc.
- Draw or load heightmaps to control the basic shape of the terrain
- Adjustable auto-texturing based on height and slope
- Virtually unlimited undo/redo of almost everything, so you can always go back to that cool landscape you just had
- Export terrains as 8 or 16 bit heightmaps, or as obj meshes (triangles or quads)
- Export texturemap as 4-channel tiff splatmap, or as a solid-shaded .png
- Explore terrains from a first-person view for an up-close look
System Requirements:* Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
* 1024x768 or higher resolution recommended
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall