HighDesign For Mac Publisher's description
HighDesign is the powerful 2D CAD and illustration program for Mac OS X that features advanced vector tools
HighDesign is the powerful 2D CAD and illustration program for Mac OS X that features advanced vector tools, a clean user interface and many special tools developed to assist you in your design process. From the first sketches to drafting, HighDesign lets you achieve the results you want by providing an easy to use Digital Design environment you can actually enjoy using.
HighDesign is the perfect tool for:
* Architectural Design
* Interior Design
* Facilities Management
* Product Design
* Civil Engineering
* ...and much more!
Top HighDesign Features
* Powerful drawing and editing tools.
* Automatic snap to grid, objects, intersections, right-angles, tangents and alignments.
* High quality printing capabilities
* Multiple undos and redos
* Compatibility with most CAD and graphics software
* Support for AutoCADВ® DWGв„ў from version R9 to 2008 (pro)
* Customizable symbol library
* Ability to insert, edit and display bitmap images with adjustable transparency
* Support for metric and imperial systems
* Support for ISO, ASME and custom page layouts
* Advanced project organization through unlimited groups and layers
* Unique Sheet technology to organize the project (pro)
* Customizable line-types and hatch patterns
* Named views (pro)
* Walls with automatic intersections and parametric doors and windows (pro)
* Photogrammetry tool to get scaled elevations from digital images (pro)
* Associative radial dimensions
* Tools to calculate area of polygons, hatch irregular regions, convert segments to polygons, etc.
A modern CAD software
With the extensive set of drawing and editing tools, the context-sensitive interface, sophisticated project management features, and specialized functions, HighDesign is lets you:
* Get more productive from the start thanks to its ease of use
* Produce high quality drawings and illustrations
* Manage the whole project from the first sketches to the final drafts
* Exchange files with ease
* Considerably cut costs from your design process because HighDesign integrates drawing and layout tools in one environment. All this delivered at only a fraction of the price of other CAD programs!
Standard / ProfessionalHighDesign is available in two editions, Standard and Professional, to best fit your needs. HighDesign Standard is intended for home, home-office/small-office users, and is perfect if computer aided design is not the core of your work. If your needs are more advanced, and CAD plays an important role in your everyday work, HighDesign Professional is the best choice for you.
Powerful and Easy Design Tools
HighDesign provides you all the features you need to create professional looking plans, sections, elevations, isometric views including dimensions, line styles, hatch patterns, annotations, title boxes, reusable symbols and more. HighDesign includes tools to draw and modify objects, create and print layouts, and gives you the freedom to experiment with multiple levels of undo and infinite layers and sheets.
Everything Under Control
HighDesign offers advanced tools to keep your project well organized. Groups, Layers, Sheets, various selection methods and the Find tool help you keep everything in its place, easy to find and easy to modify. No matter the size of your project, be it the doghose for Fido or the next Museum of Modern Art, a good organization will improve your productivity and cut the project time dramatically.
Fit To Your Personality
Click-drag or click-click, background color or pattern, transparent palettes, keyboard shortcuts, whatever your preferences are, HighDesign does its best to fit them.
Also, any interface item has been studied and developed to maximize its efficiency and ease of use.
Need to read "alien" documents or show your work to others? Who doesn't? Well, HighDesign Professional imports and exports DWGв„ў and DXB files from version R9 to 2008; exports PDF documents with CMYK or RGB colors; exports full-featured TIFF images.
Both Standard and Professional editions support DXF drawings from version 12 up to version 2006; HP-GL (plt) files; vector PICT; JPEG, PNG, Tiff, Tga, PSD, BMP, and many more.
See the Tech Specs for a detailed list of the supported formats in both editions, Standard and Professional.
What's New in This Release:В· Misc. improvements and fixes
System Requirements:* Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
* PowerPC G5 1GHz or a Intel Core Duo processor (minimum)
* 1.6GHz or faster Intel Core Duo processor or 2.0GHz or faster PowerPC G5 processors (recommended)
* NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 or better
* 512MB of RAM (1GB for optimal performance)
* 150MB hard disk space
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall