Eat The Whistle For Mac Publisher's description
Eat The Whistle is an OpenSource soccer game originally developed by Hurricane Studios as commercial product for the Amiga platform.
Eat The Whistle is an OpenSource soccer game originally developed by Hurricane Studios as commercial product for the Amiga platform. It has a lot of features never seen in other soccer games. It has been released under the GPL licence version 2 in the year 2002.
The original Amiga version has been made portable with the help of the SDL library, now ETW runs on a wide range of machines, this site will provide precompiled binaries for the following platforms:
* Windows - compatible with the versions: 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, untested with Vista.
* Linux x86 - since the game is in plain C it should work any distro of the latest 5/6 years, try first the packaged version (.package file), if you have no luck the binary tar.
* MacOSX - It's universal binary, so it needs 10.3.9 or better.
...but it's possible to make the game run on every platform supported by SDL, just download the source archive and try to compile it, you need of course a C compiler and maybe some experience with makefiles, if you build the game for a new platform please contribute the patches to make the build possible, I will add the patches to the sources in CVS.
* System friendly. Run in a window or fullscreen, can be played also on old machines (runs pefectly on a P200).
* World cup, leagues, cups with real teams (with slightly modified names).
* Can be played through keyboard or joypad/joysticks (USB or Gameport).
* Network playing through TCP/IP (not yet finished).
* Very intuitive control method with acceleration/deceleration.
* More than 550 frames of animations for the players, 300 for the goalkeeper, 100 for the refree and a lot of other graphics.
* 30 different fields, including muddy, frozen and wet.
* Fouls, corners, throw-in with an intuitive control system.
* Role playing. (You can play a match as the whole team or only as a player).
* About every thing in the game is configurable via intuitive menus.
* Game Tactics and tactic editor.
* Heading and other special shots with intuitive controls.
* Team players (with individual stats) and team editor (the editor is actually available only for AmigaOS).
* Import SWOS (Sensible word of soccer) teams.
* Arcade mode with powerups, bonuses... (something like Speedball II).
* Replays (with load/save option).
* Spoken comment (actually broken).
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall