Gold Chest For Mac Publisher's description
from Dan Howard
Gold Chest is a new game engine inspired by the old goldbox styled games.
My goal is to create a game with the same Look and Feel of the goldbox games while bringing to it newer graphics, sounds, music and network play.
So where am I now?
* Basic game layout implemented
* True 3D perspective view and movement
* Overhead view for maps
* Overhead view for combat with characters and monsters and movement
* Scriptable events engine
* Character generation
* Saving / restoring game
* Economy - currencies and shops
* Skills and abilities in place
* Inventory management
This game is NOT a clone. As I go through each part of the goldbox I'm re-evaluating each feature and making improvements as I go.
Some improvements already implemented:
* Inventory management: Classes can carry multiple weapons at the ready and the combat icons change to show which weapon the character is using.
* Improved class system. 4 basic classes (fighter, thief, mage, cleric) which gain through acquiring skills with very few restrictions.
* More tactics in combat. Dual weapons, thrown weapons, monster disarming, disable, disguise, conjuring monsters into combat, illusionary monsters, summoning monsters, possession, etc...
* New magic / prayer systems.
* More detailed economy.
* Interactive puzzles like the old Infocom games.
What's New in This Release:В· Clean up for collision detection testing
В· NOTE: If you had installed an older version of the game you will need to delete the data files since they are not
В· compatible in this version. The folder is called "goldchest" or ".goldchest" and would be in you home folder.
В· example on Windows: C:\documents and settings\your user name, C:\Users\your user name
System Requirements:В· Java
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall