Battle For Wesnoth For Mac Publisher's description
The Battle for Wesnoth is a turn-based strategy game with a fantasy theme.
Build up a great army, gradually turning raw recruits into hardened veterans. In later games, recall your toughest warriors and form a deadly host against whom none can stand! Choose units from a large pool of specialists, and hand-pick a force with the right strengths to fight well on different terrains against all manner of opposition.
Wesnoth has many different sagas waiting to be played out. Fight to regain the throne of Wesnoth, of which you are the legitimate heir... step into the boots of a young officer sent to guard a not-so-sleepy frontier outpost... vanquish a horde of undead warriors unleashed by a foul necromancer, who also happens to have taken your brother hostage... guide a band of elvish survivors in an epic quest to find a new home.
200+ unit types. 16 races. 6 major factions. Hundreds of years of history. The world of Wesnoth is absolutely huge and limited only by your creativity - make your own custom units, compose your own maps, and write your own scenarios or even full-blown campaigns. You can also challenge up to 8 friends - or strangers - and fight in epic multi-player fantasy battles.
* Build up a formidable fighting force, starting from a single leader and a small amount of gold.
* Over 200 unit types in six major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells.
* Experienced units gain powerful new abilities as they advance.
* Several multi-player options available, including internet play.
* Scores of different custom-designed maps, and unlimited random maps.
* Hundreds of campaign scenarios available for download via a simple in-game procedure.
* 'Fog of war' feature available for a true test of generalship.
* Sophisticated mark-up language lets advanced users make their own maps, factions or campaigns.
* Excellent language support вЂ“ 35 different languages currently available.
* Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, RISC OS, BeOS, Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, DragonFly BSD, AmigaOS4, OS/2 & eComStation compatible.
What's New in This Release:Campaigns:
В· Infested Caves: integrated sighted events with moveto events
В· To the Mines: fixed Hamel not having the hero overlay
В· Clearing the Mines: fixed Dwarves recruitment not being disallowed upon
В· The Pursuit: integrated a sighted event with moveto event
В· The Pursuit: replaced another sighted event with ON_SIGHTING
В· Elvish Princess: fixed Ro'Arthian and Ro'Sothian not having the hero
В· Introductions: used ON_SIGHTING instead of sighted event
В· Stolen Gold: gave Krash the expendable leader overlay
В· Stolen Gold: fixed one of the two loyal Drakes having two IDs
В· Stolen Gold: fixed Hidel missing his portrait
В· Get the Gold: gave Eryssa the expendable leader overlay
В· The Eastern Flank: made the Gryphon fly away and then return
В· Showdown: removed hero overlay from Ro'Arthian and Ro'Sothian when they
В· are leaders
В· Showdown: fixed Hamel's death not causing defeat
В· Epilogue: fixed music not being played
В· The Escape Tunnel: integrated sighted event with ...
System Requirements:. Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall